End of the year quiz.
It's still January so I guess it's not too late. Besides I got nuthin' else. Taken from Violet.
1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?
Went to several author readings and got a bunch of books signed.
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Didn't make any last year or this year. I've learned that it's pointless.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Friends of ours had their first baby. She's a sweetheart.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
Online? Lots of them. In real life, none.
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
More respect for what I'm trying to do with my life, job-wise. And the confidence to say that this is what I do and it's not just playing.
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
No specific dates, although our week on the Bruce Peninsula was probably the most memorable.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Everyone is still alive.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I didn't get enough done.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Probably a cold or two but nothing serious.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My iPod Touch. Technically I didn't buy it but if you consider that his money is my money is our money....
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
All three of my children. They amaze me constantly.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
I have no idea. If you know, please tell me.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Well, maybe not three really's worth but I was pretty excited about a dinner we went to in November.
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
Cursing the Ohio [youtube]. Just because that's when I first heard it, not because it represents anything.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? - the same
b) thinner or fatter? - the same
c) richer or poorer? - the same
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Yelling at the kids.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
At home, just our family. It was great.
21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
I've been in love for over 20 years.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
hmmm.... probably Criminal Minds. Or maybe Dexter.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
24. What was the best book you read?
I read lots of good books but the one that made the deepest impression on me was Not Wanted on the Voyage by Timothy Findley.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Without a doubt, Matt King and his album, Rube.
26. What did you want and get?
An iPod Touch.
27. What did you want and not get?
A lottery win.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
I have no idea. Maybe Juno.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I think I stayed home and had dinner with my family, which is what I usually do. And my age? Almost as old as dirt.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I'm really not sure. Things are pretty good, everyone is reasonably healthy, I have great kids and a great husband.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
32. What kept you sane?
My husband. He always keeps me sane. Or at least, he brings me back to sanity when he comes home.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
None that I can think of.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
I was probably most vocal about the cuts to arts funding and the resulting uproar.
35. Who did you miss?
Y. I always miss her and I have no one to blame but myself.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
Can't think of one. My circle of friends didn't expand.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
uhhh.... no idea.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
It would take me forever to find the perfect lyrics. Let's just say it was a good year and leave it at that.