The 2nd Canadian Book Challenge, Eh?.
Since my reading habits haven't changed and since I enjoyed the first one so much, I signed on for the next round of the Canadian Book Challenge. Same straightforward rules but a full year in which to complete it this time.
Starting July 1st, 2008 and running to July 1st, 2009, I challenge you to read (and write about) 13 Canadian books (by Canadians and/or about Canadians). [From The Book Mine Set]
Last time, I chose my books based on where they were set, one for each province and territory. This time, I'm choosing thirteen new-to-me authors from these MySpace friends. I have a preliminary list of seven women and six men but since the list is subject to change, I'm not going to post it in advance.
Completed on 30 June 2009.
- The Killing Circle by Andrew Pyper
- Indigenous Beasts by Nathan Sellyn
- The Line Painter by Claire Cameron
- Inside Out Girl by Tish Cohen
- The Slow Fix by Ivan E. Coyote
- Scarlet Rose by Julia Madeleine
- Mistress of the Sun by Sandra Gulland
- Megiddo's Shadow by Arthur Slade
- Amuse Bouche by Anthony Bidulka
- One Hand Screaming by Mark Leslie
- Angel Wing Splash Pattern by Richard Van Camp
- Snitch by Allison van Diepen
- Wicked Woods by Steve Vernon