Fonts, part 3.
I tried the xset +fp thing that I mentioned previously and it worked like a charm. Next thing on the agenda (font-wise anyway) is to sort all of my fonts by style so I can find what I need faster. I figure directories of serifs, sans serifs, calligraphy/handwriting fonts, and dingbats oughta do it.
The following instructions apply to xfs. I'm including them here because they took some research (especially after I ran into problems), and because I might misplace the paper I made my notes on. And hey... maybe they'll help someone else.
Each font directory requires both fonts.scale and fonts.dir files. To create them, run the command:
ttmkfdir -o fonts.scale
If that fails with the message ‘Aborted’, which it did for me the first time I tried it, use:
strace ttmkfdir -o fonts.scale
When it fails, remove the last font listed (the one it choked on) and try again. Repeat until it makes it all the way to the end. Then run:
and that's it. Simple, really, once you know what to do.
Posted by Ripley on January 18, 2003
Comments are closed for this entry.